
I had been all over the city on "open call" interviews for bartending. So had about 100 others that day. Feeling tested, and in between midtown and lower east side, about three blocks from my last "call" of the day, I found the perfect corner to plop my bag down to reorganize myself--place my application- filler- outer- pen within reach amongst my resumes, purse, cell phone, metro card, gum, lip gloss and bag of granola that served as breakfast, brunch and lunch throughout the day--
As I bent down alongside a restaurant supply storefront, I was startled and comforted by this little guy sitting in the window staring my down. We were nose to nose as he/she sat amongst the kitchenwares. He was my much needed friend at that moment. I ended up landing the job. Ironically enough, the "must have NYC experience," didn't apply to me at Stanton Public--two of the managers had lived in LA and said my experience from there counted. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment