Monday, April 13, 2009

"where chili-pepper-lights-meet-christmas-tree-lights"

I set out to get Indian food--didn't know it would entail such an adrenaline rush. This pic was taken after I finally made it inside the low-low-ceiling -with-festive-lights-in-your-face, Panna II in East Village. There are three restaurants in the same building. Much like off -the- cruise- ship wheelers and dealers, we were hustled into this one by intense men in suits... next time, I will try the other options cuz here the atmosphere is fun, but the service is a little tooo hasty... our plates were cleared before we were done. But, they bring you complimentary delights like tea "on the house" and a half-scoop of chocolate ice cream "on the house." 

Oh and basketball lights and football lights and plastic lantern lights meet here too... and they don't stiff ya on the birthday celebration. Just be prepared for lights off for the duration of the original song. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment