Saturday, April 4, 2009

First 36 hours


Nonstop. I am pretty sure I belong here. I have walked miles and miles already and gotten lost once. 

I arrived (Th-4.2.09 12:20) on what my roommate Bryan said was the nicest day of the year thus far! I think I brought the Cali sun with me. It definitely made the transition from West to East seemingly seamless. I actually broke a sweat in the cab on the way to my new place in the Alphabet City area of East Village. The cab driver refused my request for the AC because "it's not time for that yet."

I was greeted on the apt. intercom by my other roommate Mckenzie. She helped me lug my luggage up to our 5fth floor walk up. My room is actually a DECENT size! And my rent is cheap! I seriously scored big with this situation and I have Bryan to thank for that AND for making my first day forever memorable. He took me on a tour of the hood, which I must say is AWESOME and full of fun little independently owned stores like organic bath and body products (www.sustainable-nyc.com) , healthy food and florists. And as we walked the hood, I almost walked into actor Jason Schwartzman shooting on the street. I guess you can never really escape LA...



No comments:

Post a Comment